First, hmmm... I went to Washington with Loren. That was fun and his family is a blast. It was the first time I'd been there. It was very hot though, and not many people have air conditioning. Oi!
While I was in Washington, Mitchell had his first powerlifting competition. I was worried about this because he's shown me pictures of knees popping out the wrong way. EW! Anyway, Megan called me after she left the competition and said, "Mitchell broke..." Stop! I don't want to know. "Mitchell broke the American record for his class. Then broke it twice more." 545.6 lbs!!! I was so happy for him. I called him right away and could hear the excitement. Here's some pictures:


The drive home from WA was gorgeous. We went along the Columbia River Gorge and that was just remarkable. (pictures to come)Two days after we got home, Loren decided to end things. It was a whole thing, but we were back together within a week as per usual. Then the other day I realized that I can't put what I want I hold to wait for him anymore. Again, a whole thing, and though I really did and do care for him a lot, I feel like it was the right choice.
On a different note, I've been spending a bit of time up at Grandpa's. His cancer is.... everywhere. It started in his prostate and has spread to all of his bones and recently into the urethra. UGh! Yesterday he went to the doctor and they've talked about getting him into some clinical trials at the Huntsman Cancer Center here, or Anderson in Texas. He wants to try them in hopes of gaining 2 or 3 years. But that's all pending whether or not he's elegible. For right now we're just hoping he'll stop being sick to his stomach all the time because he would love to go fishing one more time before the summer is over.
And last but not least, I totally reorganized my storage in the shed today. It's just full of a bunch of things from my apartment that I can't use now but will be very worth having once I move out again. Also repacked some of my mom and grandma's old glass dishes. They are soooo pretty. I just love them.
Okay, I think we are all caught up for now... I think.
No comments:
Post a Comment