Monday, November 2, 2009

It's Halloweeeeen!

Halloween! I mostly skipped out on it. I spent the day with Dave in Salt Lake. We had lunch at Carlucci's, which was delicious. I had a turkey with cranberries sandwich and a petite tart. So so so tasty! I also got a black and white to take with me. Not quite like what you get in New York, but still yummy. I have the remains of it in my purse waiting to be enjoyed.
After lunch we made our way up to Liberty Park. We wandered through the park, and then over to Tracy Aviary. I had never been, and it was way fun. Dave laughed at my childlike excitement over it all. Here are the pictures he took there.



I was trying to make friendly with the birds, but only a ladybug would put up with me.






They had a hawk out, on a leash. We got up close and personal and he screeched nearly the entire time.
The "ratbird" as Dave calls it. Otherwise known as a cuckoo.







Loved the pelicans. A couple of them came over near the fence and started flapping. It made some pretty big winds.








While some birds, like the owl, refused to look at the camera, one kept acting like he was posing for it.
After the aviary, we drove down and walked around the gateway a bit. Then went and parked a few blocks up from Temple Square. We were planning on dinner at the Lion House Pantry, but after walking all the way there, found it was closed. So we walked the not so short distance to the Gateway and ate at McGrath's Fish House. I had salmon, and it was yum! Dave splurged and got the steak and lobster. We decided, due to my inability to walk much further, to take Trax back up to Temple Square. We headed off in out opposite directions home.
Once home I handed out candy to the last of the trick-or-treaters, watched the Yankees kick trash!!!!, and then went to bed.
Sunday, Megan brought little Ava Lou over to go to church with me at our home ward. Mitchell was ordained an elder by my grandpa. I was so happy for him and glad to be there for it. Afterward, Megan left me with Ava, and went home to try and finish painting her kitchen and basement because her furniture is to be delivered this week. Ava wasn't very playful, and took two naps, then just wanted to snuggle. I didn't mind at all, so her and me and my dad sat in the two rockers in the front room and rocked the night away. There is nothing more relaxing than rocking a baby. Megan came and took Ava home about 8ish, I tried to stay up and watch the rest of the game but didn't make it. (Did wake up and check the score though...GO YANKEES!!!)
And that is all... one day I will blog about my adventures in Physical Therapy, it's a blast. Painful, but fun. That's for later though.

No comments:

Post a Comment