I really do have a great excuse for my lack of blogging. I switched jobs and thus have suddenly gotten much more busy. It's great though. I like my new job. I still work for the same company, I've just moved to a different department where I won't have to do the lifting that I would at my last position. The new job consists of mostly just one product line of vitamin and mineral supplement powders. About 90% of the consumers are seniors, and I get to talk to them throughout the day. It is enjoyable, some of them are a bit lonely and will talk your ear off, others just plain friendly and sweet, and on rare occasions you get the old man grump. Good times.
In other news, we are officially all moved in to our new place. What a relief it is! I never imagined that moving upstairs where the sun can find me through the windows would have such a postive impact. Along with the sun, there's lot of happines stemming from the huge kitchen that has a dishwasher! I don't mind doing the dishes at all now. I did have a hard time breaking myself of the habit of trying to make everything fit in one or two cabinets. Now I've got it spread out and nicely organized with room to spare. I've almost got all of the boxes either emptied or stored in their final resting place for storage in the third bedroom/laundry room. Our next step will either be covering the awful paint in the nursery or curtains for our bedroom and the living room. I actually feel like I can move into this place and hav already started hanging pictures, something I never did in the old place. Pictures soon!
Okay, and last but not least, the most exciting part:
IT'S A BOY!!!
We (and by we I mean, Jason and I, his parents, and my sister Megan) went to the Dr for an ultrasound and this kid is not shy! He opened right up and showed us his stuffs in all of their glory. Definatly a boy. Before the Dr. could even say anything, Dee points at the screen and says "weiner!". Then as we walked back out through the waiting room he announced it to anyone within a ten mile radius. "It's a boy! Grandpa called it!" Needless to say, we have one Grandpa that is excited to have a new fishin' buddy. On the way home, we called the other grandpa. As suspected, he laughed and said "all right!". Jason soon got over his disappointment when Kelsea texted and told us how muh our girl we'll have one day will love having and older brother.
This past weekend, I went out with Dee and Julie to satisfy Julie's need to buy stuff for the baby. We had a blast, and it was obvious she'd already scoped out her plan of attack. We came home with several cute outfits, a few small necessities, and and even more excited grandma.
That's all for now. I'll try hard not to be a slacker and get some pictures up, but no promises.
No comments:
Post a Comment