Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Lack of an update, update

Yup, I'm still alive. In the past weeks we have:


  • completely tore out and redone our master bathroom

  • almost completely tore out and redid Jake's bathroom

  • had all of the sheetrock repair done

  • had the banisters almost completely redone

  • sanded all cabinets, cabinet doors, and drawer fronts

  • installed can lights in the kitchen and front room

  • fixed the roof

  • puttied at least 9 million nail holes

  • tore out all carpet in the house, including staples and tack strip

  • removed wallpaper in the guest bedroom

  • had a window replaced

  • tore out the existing counter in the kitchen

  • tore out the ugly overhang thing in kitchen

  • cleaned a lot
AND


  • completely and totally emptied my dad's house that has been in our family for over 70 years, that's a LOT of stuff ( I made some great finds though too)

  • moved dad to his new, more manageable apartment
ALL WHILE


  • still working full time

  • and trying to get as much quality time with Jake as possible

Throw in there a rampant stomach flu bug and some very long, tiring nights, and now you know where I've been.


As of right now we are nearing our deadline, only 2 weeks left. With only tile, paint, and carpet left to be done I think we are going to make it. Wish me luck.


Maybe I'll see you again in 2 weeks... if I survive!

No comments:

Post a Comment