Monday, July 16, 2012

Ho hum

That's about how life is going these days. Nothing too exciting happening besides planning Jake's big #1 birthday party. It's gonna be big!
We've just been spending time working in the yard, and doing all the little extras that come with owning a home. Two bits of excitement with that:
First, the supply line to the 1/2 bath toilet exploded, that was pretty exciting. We were watching TV and heard a sudden loud crashing type noise, ran in there, and it was spraying like crazy. Jason ran down and turned off the main while I built a dam in the doorway with towels. Then he got to work mopping up the water that was everywhere while I contained Jake who wanted to play in said water.
Then, over the weekend, a sudden gust of wind grabbed our patio umbrella and shattered our glass table. We're pretty sad about that one. We use it at least 3 or 4 times a week. Not to mention we've invited a TON of people over this weekend for Jake's birthday, so being down a table is an issue. Oh well.
And so go the joys of owning a home. Really, neither were a huge deal, just unexpected things I'd rather not have to deal with.
Jason and his dad did finally finish the beadboard in the bay window of the dining room. It looks SO great. So grateful to have handy men in my life.
Tomorrow we go to the Zoo for Jake's birthday! Can't believe he's already turning 1! Geez! Even more, I can't believe we survived our first year of life with a child and everyone is still smiling! It's tough cookies really. Totally worth all the sleepless nights and moments of near insanity and messy floors and loads and loads and loads of laundry. I truely do love it.
Life Is Good!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe Jake is turning one already. That's pretty crazy!

    Same thing happened to my mom's glass patio table. Sad.

    ReplyDelete