Jake loves it when Murray comes to stay with us. He woke up every morning, and instead of hearing, "momma... momma" as he came into my room, it was "Murray! Hi Murray." A welcome change because if you're a mom, you know that hearing little voices say momma, mommy, mom is far less sweet than it seems about 80% of the day. Ha.
One morning, by the time I got myself up and downstairs to the kitchen, like a whole minute or two maybe, I got there to find this:
It seems Jason hadn't closed the pantry door all the way when he made his lunch that morning, so Jake took the opportunity to slide a chair over and get Murray's dog biscuits down for him. I don't know how many he got before I stopped them, but Murray was happy and I didn't have to clean up any doggy barf, so no harm no foul.
Another great thing about having Murray around is I don't have to sweep my dining room after every meal! Jake is great at feeding himself with only very little mess, but he's still a two year old boy, so the broom typically comes out at least twice a day. Not with Murray around though, he's always right there waiting for something to drop. Some times this take more patience than others.

All in all it was great having Murray stay with us, even though he did steal an entire loaf of bread making it so I had to go to the store late one night so Jason could have lunch the next day. Jason had a long week at work, leaving at 5:45 am and not getting home until or 8:30 each night, and working Saturday as well, so Murray kept me company as well.
Murray went home Saturday night, Jake still looks for him every morning. I'm thinking we may have to get this boy a dog come spring. I know his daddy surely wouldn't mind, I don't think I will mind so much either... once we get past puppy training stage anyway.

No comments:
Post a Comment