Tuesday, June 17, 2014

30!

It's official! I am 30. Thirty! I still think I like twenty-ten better.
My big 3-0 was not exactly uneventful, but not at all full of birthday festivities either. The one and only birthday related thing in my day was waking up to my birthday cookie. I'm not a huge cake fan, but I LOVE chocolate chip cookies so Jason made me a whole batch with one huge one that he stuck a candle in for me.
I started my day by heading straight out to Megan's first thing to watch her kiddos while she took their dog Beaumont to the vet. He's had an infection in his eye and it had suddenly taken a turn for the worse. Luckily all the oozing that was happening was actually a good thing because it was draining the infection out.
We hung there for a bit before I had to head to the doctor and she took her turn watching the kids. Next on my exciting birthday agenda was an endometrial biopsy. (Long story short: had my yearly, came back with incredibly rare atypical glandular cells, cancer scare, biopsy, all is well.)
After finishing at the doctor it was time for me to head into work for a bit.
When I got home that night, Jason and the boys had picked me out a flower that was waiting for me on the counter.
The real birthday fun will take place later. Since me and my gals are all turning twenty-ten this summer we decided to go on a little weekend getaway to Park City. Jason is funding that little adventure as my birthday gift. I am very excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment