Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Irritable? Tired? Who me?

As I'm sure it was for everyone else in Northern Utah, Memorial Day for us was a bust. Okay, it wasn't too terrible since we had no big plans to get ruined by the horrid weather, but we still had to deal with the horrid weather. Snow on Memorial Day? Really?? The good part of the day was meating Jason's cousin Jared for lunch, along with the rest of Jason's family. Jared was in town just for the day to pick up his son so that they could spend the summer together in Oklahoma where Jared and the rest of his family currently reside. Dee, Julie, Jason and I met Cody, Kelsea, Jared and Griffin at Five Guys for lunch and some manly chit chat. (Kelsea and I were at the other end of the table discussing her Babies 'r' Us trip earlier that day.) It was great to finally meet Jared after enduring a few long phone calls between him and Jason. They like guns. Enough said.

Having woke up the previous day feeling sickly in the "Ugh, I've got a cold!" kind of way, and then waking up feeling even worse Monday, I decided a trip to the Dr was in order. The were two lovely nurses doing my vitals and getting my info. The one asking all the questions about symptoms asked if I was irritable and/or tired. HA! We all just started laughing. 8 months pregnant with a sinus infection? Irritable? Of course not? Tired? No way!! I got a prescription and was out the door pretty darn quick. I guess that's one benefit of holiday sickness... the Dr office was empty, so it went fast. The sweet nurses informed us on our way out that Smith's was the only pharmacy they knew of that was open, and it was only open another half hour. So we scooted our little butts right over there, got drugs and some groceries, then headed home to take the rest of the day off before I experienced an all too common phenomenom. How is that when you are sick you spend the whole day feeling like you could fall over and crash at any given moment, yet, when you finally do get to bed, even with the help of drugs, it's impossible to sleep? If anyone ever figures this out, do let me know. Here's hoping tonight goes a bit better.

No comments:

Post a Comment