Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Jealousy Issues

My favorite friend's cousin is at the hospital today being induced to deliver her new baby boy. Jealousy surrounds me over this. Given I'd much rather have Jake wait the 5 weeks and 5 days (I'm not counting) to get here, since it is much safer and better for him. Onward we go I guess.
We also have the baby shower with the family coming up next weekend. Megan has been bursting with ideas for it for weeks, and with the help of Julie and Kelsea and I'm sure a couple others, is starting the preparations this week. I am really excited for it. I always love a good party, but baby showers are just plain fun. I love to oo and ahh over all of the insanely cute things. Lucky for us, this time it'll all be mine to take home where I can ooo and ahh over it some more as I sit and stare at it as I daydream about our baby boy getting here. And, let's face it, babies require a lot of stuff, and any help we get aquiring that stuff is ALWAYS greatly appreciated. On the other hand, just getting both of the families together to celebrate is always a good time. Plus I'm sure there'll be good food! I like food!
Jason's still cruising along in physical therapy inching closer and closer to his goal of getting rid of the crutches pre-baby. Me, I'm just...well... pregnant. I had a nice week of him staying out of my ribs, but he's now decided to squeeze back up in there. I don't see the comfort factor there, but, hey to each their own I guess.
Last but not least,
WE'RE GOING TO DISNEYLAND!!
I have been just once in my life, and that was right after I graduated highschool. My dad took me, and my siblings and it was fun, but not all that I hoped Disneyland would be. Now, I can see that that would be due to two factors. The first, we only spent 1 day there, in the summer. Secondly, we were just flying by the seat of our pants as to our adventures around the park. Having married into the Disney fanatic family, I now understand the error of our ways. You need more than one day, not during peak season and you need a plan, or a pro. My father-in-law is that pro. He lives for Disneyland. I kind of feel like a small child in my excitement. It'll also be great because Jake will be just over 1 year old at that point, and should be to where he will get excited about all the things to see there.
So Disneyland here we come..... in September 2012.




magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

No comments:

Post a Comment