Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Independence Day!

Ah the Fourth of July! Probably one of the best things about summer, besides my birthday of course. Luckily, Jason had a schedule that made it so we actually could have a ton of fun this weekend.
Friday night we joined couple of his friends at the drive-in to see Transformers. It was good. I was thrilled to see that the hadn't kept Megan Fox's character, just changed the actress. I hate that. This was easily the best movie experience I have had since becoming pregnant! We loaded an air mattress, 2 sleeping bags for extra padding, and pretty much every pillow in our home into the back of Jason's truck. It was SO comfy. I actually briefly considered sleeping in the driveway once we got home so I wouldn't have to move. Sadly, we only stayed for the first movie because Jason did have to work at 6 the next morning. The second movie was Super 8 which I have tons of good about, so it would've been nice to see. Oh well. We'll catch it at the dollar theater eventually I'm sure.
Saturday, once Jason got home around 3, we headed down to Ikea in Draper. I had seen some baskets online that were more than perfect, and exactly what I'd been searching the world over for for weeks. I needed baskets for the shelves in the nursery closet, it needed to be organized, but I was not willing to pay $12 or more for just one basket that was just okay. Score Ikea! These baskets came in the set of 3 for just $6.99! I got two sets, along with some bibs and a little doo-dad to hold all of our grocery sacks. Jason loved the Ikea experience. There is a kitchen there that I am in love with and that he likes too. We enjoy sitting in the little rooms they have all done up there and daydreaming about just exactly how we'll one day do our home we want to build. On the way home we of course had to stop for a milkshake at In and Out. It's a crime not to.
Sunday, Jason worked yet again. I started to get up and get ready for church, but had to take it slow and easy. Something just wasn't feeling right, and I wasn't about to aggravate it. I knew at the pace I was going I'd miss Relief Society and Sunday School, but could still easily make Sacrament meeting, so it was all good. Then, as I was fixing my hair there was a knock at the door. It was my sweet friend Iris. She had been one of my most beloved Young Women's leaders years ago, and we'd recently reconnected via facebook. It was then that I learned she lives right in our new neighborhood! Lovely! She'd tried to stop a couple times with a gift for us, so I was thrilled we finally caught each other. After showing her the nursery and chatting for a little bit, I knew Sacrament meeting wasn't happening for me. Ho hum. I decided to keep the day mellow by just working on the couple little crafts I had started. Shortly after I finished that, Jason got home and we headed over to his parents to celebrate Kelsea's birthday!! We had potatoes with hamburger gravy, yum! We started funny farm, but only made it about halfway before I just got too uncomfortable and twitchy, so Jason took me home. I love how understanding he is with me at this point. It's not the first movie we haven't finished with his fam because of these restless legs of mine.
AND THEN.... Monday, the fourth!! Jason had to work until 4, but that was okay, because originally he was supposed to work until 6. He went to work, and Mat and Megan came over with Ava and William. The Riverdale Parade starts almost right in front of our house, so they parked there, and we walked up the road just a couple blocks and found a nice little spot to watch the parade. I could not believe the candy at this parade. The floats and general content of the parade were nothing to extravagant, but the candy was raining down! Ava took a second to figure it out, then had a ball collecting candy. After about halfway though, she was done. She just wanted to sit on the curb and wave at all the passing floats and things. Even when a piece of candy would fall right at her feet, she just said, "no thank you". Too cute! Afterward, little Will fell asleep, so he and I stayed at my place while Matt and Megan took Ava over to the park for the festivities there. Later, we had lunch and they all went home for nap time, and I had a nap of my own until Jason came home. We went to his parents for dinner, then over to play hearts until the sun fell for fireworks. It was a good time, and I won!
All in all, it was a fairly perfect little weekend if I do say so myself. Hope yours was just as grand!

No comments:

Post a Comment