Friday, July 1, 2011
First Baby Scare
This morning was another one of our weekly doctor visits to check on Jacob and his progression into this world if any. Everytime you go in, you get weighed. You get to see that horrific number jump up and up and up in a way you wouldn't ever unless you were eating 40 Big Macs a day, with fries and a shake. It's not my favorite. Well, today I stepped on and had dropped 10 lbs since last week. Initial woman brain thought was "WOOHOO!!!" which soon turned into, "uh oh, something's wrong." Nothing was wrong besides the fact that the scale was just plain wrong. I got on the other scale and was the exact same as last week. I'll take it. Once you get to the exam room you get to lose your pants and sit on the little, awkwardly angled table with a tiny little see through paper sheet to cover all of your large pregnant self from the waist down. Oh yeah, feelin' good! Then, just to make that wait a little bit longer, and a little more awkward, the doctor realized there were no latex free gloves in the room. This is not an option. No way, no how. The idea of a rash in my downstairs is not even close to appealing. Latex free glove now there he procedes with the usual, and then says we need to move over to the other room because he couldn't find the baby's head. This could mean that Jake has turned breech on us. No bueno! I told Jason and the nurses I would have to beat the child if he turned now. He's been head down facing back since about 12 weeks, so we have not been able to get one good picture of this kid with any of the ultrasounds. If he's moved now, I'll just be bitter. We finally got in to have the ultrasound and found him head down, just like he's supposed to be. He was just hiding a little bit I guess. Phew! The doctor looked relieved too. Said he's glad we don't have to start discussing options now. Discussing 'options' in childbirth is not good. There is one option, have the baby naturally, or, if he doesn't fit, by c section... when he is ready. Of course if he's late, we induce but that's a different story. Being still 2 weeks 3 days away (I'm not counting) from the due date, and as much as I'd love to be done, I would hate for us to have to start discussing options because of such a complication. I'd much rather just stay big fat and hot for just a few more days.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment