Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Nerves

These days I have two sets of nerves firing at full force.
First, and definitely more exciting, the homebuying nerves. We are officially under contract for the home we plan to purchase. I am thrilled to be in the homestretch on the homebuying front. However, the homestretch is the most fast paced, crazy, and stressful!
Because the home we are buying is a foreclosure, there is work to be done. Luckily, there is a loan program out there that is just for those buying foreclosed homes to refurbish these homes. On the downside, this requires a little more prep and paperwork. That's where we're at now. Currently, we're putting together a detailed itemized price list of those things that we have to do with the house. Luckily, there were no surprises post inspection, so most of these things will be no big deal. Carpet and paint are a must. They had cats. Ew! There are no appliances and we'll of course be replacing all toilets. With those being our biggest expenses, the rest is all just a little lipstick and mascara and a whole lot of elbow grease. The daunting part is listing all the little things. A mopboard here, a faucet there, etc.. Then, we put it onto our invoice we've started and Lowe's and, TADA!, get it all at 20% off or better! But before the tada is the brainscrambling compilation of the list which is much more difficult right now due to other nerves.
The other nerves I speak of are those super annoying ones that somehow cause me to constantly jerk and twitch when my body is supposed to be at rest. Stupid restless legs/arms/body! But wait, I had this fixed, right? Why yes I did. But, at some point, someone failed to tell me that I can only get the first month worth of the medicine through the pharmacy here, after that it has to be done through the mail order program. So, I am without medicine and without sleep. Night one without was absolutely miserable. I kicked and squirmed and jumped and punched right up until about 1:30 am at which point I moved to the couch so I wouldn't keep Jason up. By 3:30, I woke Jason who tried massaging the twitches away and gave me Tylenol PM. Somewhere around 5:30 am I finally fell asleep. I woke close to 2 that afternoon feeling sore as if I had just finished a triathalon. Every muscle in my body ached from the tension and jerking. Thankfully, my sweet husband called my boss while I was asleep to let her know I wasn't going to be in that day. Night #2 was a little better, but not by much. I slept here and there, but never very solid. I am happy to say though that I got the prescription peeps to override that rule for this month and let me pick it up from the pharmacy. So tonight.... I sleep. In the meantime, good luck trying to think of all the little here's and there's in the house that I need to put on my list. Oi! I need a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment