Thursday, June 28, 2012

Dirty Dash

On June 2nd, as a true testament to my love for my sister, I agreed to watch her two kiddos, along with Jake, while her and Matt ran the Dirty Dash up at Soldier Hollow. To gain an understanding of the full spectrum of this situation, I'll give you the details. 1 very busy 3 year old, 1 very tired 1 year old, and 1 very mobile 10 month old, 2 full size strollers to drag around, 90+ degree heat, no shade, and about a gajillion people everywhere you turn. What can I say, she owes me one! In all reality, Ava was VERY good to stay right by me and help me with both babies, and Will luckily didn't reach the dreadful part of exhaustion until they finished, so they got to deal with him while we waited for Ava's turn to run the Piglet Plunge. Several people cheered me on as "such a brave twin mom" as I drug the two strollers, one in front of me, one behind me, through a large group and rocky terrain from the start line, down to the finish line about 100 yds away. I truly am happy though that Megan and Matt had the opportunity to complete this milestone in the journey they've been making.
 This pretty much sums up the first hour and half of our day at The Dirty Dash.
 SO happy I packed bubbles!
 Yay for the inflatables!
 The very Dirty Dashers!
Not so sure if we're happy with the dirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment