So, Jake is still sick. This wet cough is all too persistant and he hasn't eaten much of anything in a week. Wednesday, after 3 hours of back and forth emails with my supervisor and HR, I finally got out of work an hour early to go take him back to the doctor. Why the drama? Because I have reached my limit on unexcused absences at work. They allow you 6 in one year. I learned at the doctor that the average child under school age gets on average 8 viral infections a year. 8. And I get 6 sick days. That leaves 2 sicknesses unattended by me, and heaven forbid I get sick myself anywhere in there. Given, I will say Jake has had nowhere near 8 viral infections, and has been a fairly healthy baby, but obviously not healthy enough to meet Nutra's limit.
This is why I'm so excited for Jason's new job to take off. I am so much more than ready to not have my supervisor or some stupid number keep me from being the one to take care of my baby when he is sick. If you are a mom, (or when you do become a mom) you know that when you baby is sick YOU want to be there with them to snuggle them and love them while they get better. At the very least you want to be able to take them to the doctor at a moments notice if for nothing more just to ease your own worry about them.
I am just more than grateful that I have an incredibly wonderful mother-in-law and husband, that between the three of us, we've been able to give him all the snuggling and love he needs. (I honestly don't know how single mother's do it, especially those that have no choice but to use daycare where they won't allow a sick baby at all.)
But still, hopefully soon, it will be me holding and loving him all day. It'll be good for both of us. Oh how I look forward to that day!
There's nothing worse than sick kids. You feel so helpless. I hope Jake is starting to do better...and CONGRATS to Jason on a new job! That is awesome. :)
ReplyDeleteHope all is well.
Oi, I know. Its so tough when they can't tell you what's wrong and there's next to nothing you can give them to feel better. Poor things! Thanks! We're both thrilled to have a somewhat normal schedule for the first time since we met. We may just get sick of each other. Ha!
ReplyDelete