Thursday, April 25, 2013

I'm back-ish

Yowza! I had forgotten just how tiring the first three months of pregnancy can be. I could have easily just slept all day every day for the last three months if it weren't for the need to eat, frequent bathroom trips, and of course, most importantly my sweet little Jacob needing more supervision than ever. I've also been experiencing a bit of that sciatic pain you sometimes get with pregnancy. A couple times now I've woke up feeling as though someone sucker punched me in the leg, and it stays sore all day. Fun! Only 181 days left, ha!
Luckily, the last couple of weeks I have slowly started to feel human again, and just in time for Jake to learn his two newest most awesome/exhausting tricks ever. He has figured out that he can push the kitchen chairs around to get to pretty much anything he wants. My personal favorite is when he slides one over to the kitchen sink and plays in the sink with the dish soap. Yay! Awesome trick number two is that he has now learned how to open doors himself. I used to be able to just close all the doors to the bathrooms and bedrooms and let him roam free through the house with out much concern. Now, nothing is safe. His favorite place to hide is in his bathtub and he has suceeded in turning it on a couple of times. Oi. Gotta love that kid.
Along with needing to keep up with my little man, spring is here and so is the need for a good spring cleaning. I finally got the energy to get on that project the last couple of days. Now I'm tired again, but it is so very refreshing to have everything in the house fresh and clean. I'm especially loving having the windows open most of the day just to air out the house. It just gets too darn stuffy during the winter months.
In other news, my little brother is graduating magnum cum laude (with high honors) with his bachelors in athletic therapy tomorrow! I can't begin to describe how very proud of him I am! He has held high honors his entire school career thus far, and was even given a lab to run at the college. Last week we attended the Crystal Crest Awards where he was 1 of 5 finalists for the Man of the Year Award. He did not win, but just to be a finalist was awesome in and of itself. Now he just has to make up his mind where he will be going to finish his masters. Last I heard the choices were the U, Louisiana, and Washington. In the meantime I'm sure Steph will be thrilled to be able to spend a bit more time with him and only have to compete with his full-time job and training schedule. So a big Congrats to Mitch! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment