It happens to me a lot. I fall in love with something, and then realize it is somewhat above my price range. When Jason and I went and did our registry at Bed, Bath & Beyond, he actually first noticed the bedding set and I fell in love with it. His mom wanted to buy our bedding for my bridal shower, but decided that $480 was a bit much. I can't agree more. We hadn't realized that the set didn't come as a set, you have to buy each piece individually and they were pricey pieces. She offered to get us a gift card within her budget range, and then we could just make up the difference, but there is no way I can justify spending that much on bedding no matter how cute it is. So, we met her down at the store yesterday to pick a different, more affordable set. We decided on the one pictured for a MUCH more reasonable price, and it comes as a set. Of course they didn't have a queen in stock, but it is already on order so I just have to call and bug them everyday until it gets there, then I'll take the gift card she bought me and go down and pick it up. I think this one will look very chic with our black bed, don't you? I'm excited to have our bedroom all put together. We even get to go pick up our mattress set tomorrow. Yay! Our little apartment is becoming more and more our home every day.Tonight is my bridal shower with Jason's family. It should be a lot of fun. I'm really looking forward to it. They are having me a recipe shower. Everyone is bringing their favorite recipe along with the ingredients to make it. That should fill my cupboards right up so we won't be akin to Old Mother Hubbard anymore.
Last night we also took on the task of addressing and stuffing the wedding invitation envelopes. It was actually kind of fun. Between Dee, Julie, Kelsea and me, it was fairly quick and painless. I love how the invitations turned out. A very nice coworker friend of mine who works in graphic design designed them for us. They are amazing, and more than I hoped for. I can't wait to start handing them out. I'll post a picture once they are out. I've got to keep the surprise element alive for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment