Wednesday, October 13, 2010

The Case of the Missing Husband

So, thanks to Lowe's I've mostly only seen my husband between the hours of 11pm and 7am lately. It's been not so enjoyable, but I just keep reminding myself that we are just grateful to have jobs and so I can't complain too much. Luckily, his schedule was a bit nicer this last weekend. We got to spend some quality time together and I loved it.
Friday we helped Kelsea and Cody finish up some things and start moving into their new home. We are so excited for them. They got an amazing deal on this house, and with a little elbow grease and a touch of lipstick and mascara it's looking absolutely stunning. I'm sure they're going to love starting and having a family in this home of theirs.
Saturday, Jason had a mid-day schedule and got off at 7. I stopped and got us a romantic dollar menu dinner at Wendy's and picked him up from work so we could jet over to the theater. We saw Life As We Know It. I highly recommend it, it's hilarious. There were some parts that I thought for sure would scare Jason, even me, from ever wanting to have children. After a happy ending though, we're still desiring of that.... one day.
Sunday, was Sunday. Oops. Somehow we both felt like it was Saturday, and I didn't realize it until I was looking at the calendar at 11. Our church starts at 11. Oops. Jason went to work at 2 and I made banana bread. Mmmm. Apparently, Lowe's has switched to their winter hours now, so he got a little surprise and was off at 7, not 9 like he had thought. We took advantage off this happy occasion and cuddled up on the couch to watch a movie and enjoy the tasty banana bread.
He had Monday and Tuesday off, I worked. Lame. After work, both days, I worked on a wedding cake of sorts for a couple in my boss' ward that is being sealed today. The husband is essentially dying from an inoperable brain tumor so it's great that they are able to go and do that together. I made a two-tier red velvet cake with buttercream icing. It's very basic, but delicious. Before attacking the icing last night though, we made a pizza. Let me say, Domino's has got nothing on us. It was delicious, which says a lot coming from me because I am not the biggest fan of pizza to begin with.
Tonight, it's back to his 2-11 schedule, which is probably for the best because it's going to take soem time to clean up the disaster I created in the kitchen last night. There's stuff everywhere, literally. And for the record, I broke mixer #2 in the last year. Luckily it didn't die until the very end of the whipping of the icing. Let me tell you, whipping icing by hand, less than fun and quite painful.

No comments:

Post a Comment