Wednesday, October 27, 2010

My Poor Hubster

All of last week and I'm sure the week before, Jason's bad foot/ankle has been hurting him pretty bad. He hobbles through the door at the end of his work day and drops it in a bucket of icy water until it goes numb. It's even been keeping him up at night. Finally, with much pouting and dirty looks, I got him to go to the doctor on Friday. They took a couple x-rays and essentially said, there's not breaks or anything obvious, but nothing they could do. With that, the doctor referred us to a specialist up at McKay Dee Hospital.
Yesterday, after a two hour wait and five more x-rays, the specialist told us it was just too complicated of a case. He couldn't believe from the x-rays and just looking at his foot that Jason ever played football, roofed, or walks all day long. He said he had to be a pretty tough guy and that he knew he had to be in quite a bit of pain. The worst part was when he told him that he needed to change his career path to something that wouldn't have him on his feet so much, i.e. a sit down job. Jason's face dropped when he heard that. He loves being an electrician. After explaining a lot of things about his opinions on the matter, he sent us off with the x-rays and a referral to the University of Utah. Apparently there are some amazing doctors there that deal with these kinds of things every day and would be more able to help in the most effective way possible. So... come November 12th, we will be traveling down to the University with our fingers crossed and a prayer in our hearts that they can fix that poor foot.
Until then, I'm going to pray, give him lots of hugs and encouragement, pray, and try to keep it together myself. I honestly wish I could do something more for him. I know I can't get rid of the pain, but somehow I'd like to lighten his stress load concerning the whole thing. It's hard to see his face when I know he's thinking and worrying about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment