Friday, June 24, 2011

Big Baby?

Today we went for our 37 week appointment. Jason dared ask, if the doctor were to guess, how big he thinks the baby is. He felt my belly a few different ways, said, "hmm he's a big baby" kept feeling, then came up with his educated guess of 7- 7 1/2 pounds right now. WHAT? And I still have 3 weeks left for this kid to cook! Heaven save me if the doctor is right. I can't decide if I'm happy or not that there are no signs of him coming soon. Technically, 37 weeks is considered full term, so I could have him, safe and healthy tomorrow. After getting check (ugh), I still haven't even dilated to a 1. Lame. Some people can be dilated anywhere between a 1 and 4 for weeks. I've got a giant giant in me and I'm not even a 1? Oi vey! Here's hoping I'm one of those lucky ladies that goes from nothing to done in, oh say, 10 minutes. Yeah, 10 minutes sounds good. Ha! Wishful thinking... I'm allowed. On a more fun note, he also attempted one last 3-d ultrasound. with everything being so squished in there, we didn't get a great shot of him, but it was still fun to see. Jason and the doctor were seeing things that I somehow still can't. I just saw squished up blob of babiness, they were seeing ears and eyes and lips. I did however see his little foot right up by his face. Cute! Only 3 more weeks, hopefully less, until we get to see what he really looks like. I cannot wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment