Has anyone else ever been in a situation where someone in their life, at some point, however random, just did a total 180 in their mood/actions toward you?
Now, has anyone ever sat back and tried, but for the life of them, not been able to figure out what inspired, or what they did, that made said person change?
I'll be the first to admit, I'm not perfect. I make mistakes. But, I also am grown up enough to be told if I hurt/offended/upset someone and deal with it accordingly.
This has happened to me very recently, and also about two years ago.
Someone I considered a friend, suddenly just stopped acknowledging my presence unless they absolutely had to. The older incidence has mostly fixed itself. I now feel as though maybe it was just an adjustment to some changes in our lives. The more recent.... I just don't know. But what I would like to know is:
WHY?
Any ideas on how to explore/handle this situation? All would be appreciated. This strange tension has got to stop. Or at the very least be explained.
Maybe they don't realize they're acting differently or don't notice they've changed...maybe you should just ask them. Easier said then done, I am one that will just worry about what I did wrong or what I could change, but sometimes people just change and there's nothing you can do. If it's really bothering you I would just ask them. Who knows maybe they're not aware that there's a problem. Hope you get it figured out. Good Luck. Love ya!
ReplyDeleteI wish I could say this HAS NOT happened to me but it has. In some cases only time has changed the feeling, in other cases the relationship has completely disintegrate, and in other cases I never learned why the person's attitude changed, but months later the person treated me as though nothing weird had ever happened (the bad thing about this situation is I still remember it and the relationship to me is still sketchy). When you get your answer fill me in, I'd love to know why people do this. I add additonal good luck to your situation.
ReplyDelete