Guess now is as good a time as ever to admit to my super clumsy and very painful incident last night. Jason and I were pulling the wires through the wall up near the ceiling for the surround sound. After standing on the ladder trying to fish for the wire a while, I decided it would be worth the slightly bigger patch to make the hole bigger and just reach in and grab the dang wire. I went and got the sheetrock knife/saw thing and headed back up the ladder. Somehow, neither of us have figured out how yet, the ladder twisted, I lost my balance and went flying. The ladder barely tipped/leaned onto Jason who was sitting right next to it with Jake. All of the chaos scared Jake, but his crying had me worried that the ladder actually fell on them much harder than it did. The only thing I remember about the fall was making sure that the knife went the opposite direction of my baby boy. Next thing I knew, I was on the floor and the very painful knot on my head was growing. There was also a stinging scratch up my left arm. It was until Jason noticed the blood on the carpet that I figured out I'd taken a big chunk of skin off the bottom of my big toe. Jason quickly got the blood on me and the carpet cleaned up, and got me settled on the couch to recover from the blow to my head once I could sit up without wanting to barf. You can call me crazy, I call it focused and/or determined, but a couple hours later I was back up the slightly bent ladder, and finished hanging the speakers. When we sat down to enjoy them, we turned on Ridiculousness (similar to America's Funniest Home Videos). Jason looks over at me and says, "So, can we laugh about it now?" I told him we can laugh about it when it stops hurting. It might be a while. The rest of the fall was felt this morning when I woke up.
I will say I am VERY grateful that the knife landed next to me, and not in me like Jason thought it did. Also feels great to know that those mommy instincts automatically overrule any self preservation instinct I may have. I just might be okay at this mom thing....
OUCH! Glad your well enough to laugh and blog about it now. Love the pictures of Jake with the bubbles. Look forward to seeing you guys in a few weeks. :)
ReplyDelete