Tuesday, July 2, 2013

In like a lion out like a ... lion

That pretty much describes this last week or so.
Somehow, even with everything happening with my dad, I was able to make time each day to spend some time with Bryan and Kati and their herd. We had high hopes that Jake and Mason would let go of their territorial issues and decide they like each other by the end of the week, but those hopes were crushed when their last interaction involved Mason hurling a bowl at Jake's head. The two of them went after each other like two bucks fighting for a cute doe all week. It's okay though, as they get older I know they'll be great friends. As for the other kiddos, I didn't really spend much quality time with Nicole or Karlie. Grandma kept those two so busy, even Nicole went into hiding at the end of the week just to get a break. I did however spend some nice cuddle time with sweet baby Lyndee. She is just the happiest little chunk of a baby. I was more than happy to hold and squish on her whenever I could.
Along with the kids, we also thoroughly enjoyed Bryan and Kati's company. Jason had called Kati before they came down to get approval to kidnap Bryan for a fishing trip which they did on Tuesday with Dee. They seemed to have had a great time, I mean, who wouldn't? Meanwhile, back here at the farm, things weren't as smooth. I had Meg's kids all day again which is just plain exhausting. Then, around 2 that afternoon I get a call, turned text (stupid phone) from Kati. Apparently Grandma had gone missing with the two older girls while Kati was out for a walk with Mason. You do the math, yes there is one more child that should be in that equation. Murray took good care of her for the short time she was alone though. Finally, around three, when they were supposed to be at my house, we found grandma at Nicklecade. About an hour later they made it over to our house to get dinner started, and shortly after the boys showed up sunkissed and smiling. We put out the pool, water table, and sprinkler for the kids and made tin foil dinners in the fire pit.
The other activities of the week included a trip to the splash pad turned our house again because of the insane crowd, a trip to the Roy Aquatic Center (which Jake loved, we're going again tonight), and some games of cards of course. I will be forever grateful for the ways everyone was willing to kind of switch up a few of the plans to help accommodate me and my suddenly crazy schedule, especially considering this was their vacation.


As for my dad, he still isn't sitting up on his own, which means someone has to stay with him at night should he need anything. I'm so grateful Megan's taken on this responsibility more often than not purely because the one night I stayed it was pure misery for me. Something about the relentless restless legs and being pregnant makes an otherwise comfortable couch less that desirable. Other than night time, we've been lucky to have a few people willing to go down to keep him company and make sure he's fed and all that jazz. Still crossing our fingers that this time passes quickly and he can be back up and back to himself sooner than later.
Also did I mention we've been sitting anywhere between 100 and 105 degrees for several days now? That's like 500 degrees in preggo temperature, or so it feels anyhow. Pregnant or not, I think we're all ready for this little heat wave to pass. Definitely looking forward to the pool today!

No comments:

Post a Comment