Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Sick Day

One of the best (not!) parts of being a mom is having a sick child. It's especially hard when they can't talk and tell you what's wrong, so you just have to take a guess and hope for the best.
On Friday morning, Jake woke up around 4 am crying, which is very much not like him at all. I went in to check on him and when I touched his sweet little cheek it was more than obvious the poor guy had quite the fever. The thermometer confirmed it with a reading of 103 degrees. Tylenol here we come. Funny thing about Jake and Tylenol is that he doesn't often get it, so when he does it's like he knows exactly what it does, so he almost instantly will just roll over and go back to sleep because he knows relief is on the way.
The Tylenol was working enough to bring his temp down just between 101 and 102, but then it was right back up as it started to wear off. This resulted in a day on the couch snuggling. Usually I enjoy the rare snuggles from him, and I did this time too, they were just a little less fun when it's already over 100 outside, I've got the extra inner heater currently, and he felt like a heating pad laying on me.
That was pretty much the day for us.
Our Morning
Our Afternoon
 Finally, around 7 that night we got his temp down into the double digits and you could tell he was starting to feel a bit better when he got down on the floor to play for the first time that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment