I did get a couple of things made though. I mean really, we have to have cookies for Santa, right?
So, it did take us until Christmas Eve to do it, but Jake and I made a batch of yummy sugar cookies. He always loves to help me in the kitchen. The second I start pulling things out of the pantry he quickly pushes his chair over to the counter. He especially loved spreading the flour on the counter to roll out the cookies... apparently he thought we were going to roll them on the floor as well because that's where a bunch of flour ended up. Nothing a quick swish of the broom can't take care of though.
Once the cookies were all cooled, we made some frosting and frosted them. Jake was the official sprinkle man.
I love love love making these memories with my boy. I have so many great memories in the kitchen doing the same things with my mom. There are multiple pictures of us kids sitting on the kitchen table in our underwear frosting cookies, and I love them. I got my love of cooking/baking from my mom and really hope it's something I can pass down as well. So far so good!
| Of course you must sample the dough... |
| ... and lick the icing knife. |
| Jake's cookie |
No comments:
Post a Comment