Friday, December 6, 2013

Like Mother, Like Son

Today we woke up to snow, not our first snow this year, but the first that required some shoveling. So, once Cooper fell asleep for his morning nap, I asked Jake if he wanted to go outside. As always he was at the door before I could even finish asking him. I convinced him he needed to put on his boots, coat, and hat then we were quickly out the door. He thought the snow was pretty neat... right up until he turned too quickly and fell on his side. It was at that point that he decided the being outside in the snow wasn't his thing after all. He's just like me in that respect. I like the snow, really, I love the snow as long as the roads are clear and I don't have to be cold and wet and stuck outside for whatever reason. I'm more of the cuddle under a blanket with the Christmas tree on and watch it snow from the warmth of my house type.
Luckily Mickey Mouse Clubhouse was on when I brought him back in the house, so I got him situated under a blanket and headed back out to finish shoveling. As I walked back out I saw the missionaries walking up the road with shovels. They stopped at one of our elderly neighbors houses and got to work on her driveway. The one poor guy only had a small shovel, the type you keep in your trunk to dig yourself out should you get stuck. He was diligently working with the tiny thing, but it was killing my back just watching him so I grabbed our second shovel and took it over to him. That sweet young elder straight out of Southern California was very grateful. According to him, I'm "the bomb". Yup!
The elder's finished the neighbors walks, and came over and helped me finish the very last of mine before they handed the shovel back. It was just in the nick of time too, as they started to walk away, Jake came outside to tell me that Cooper had woke up with bare little feet. He very quickly remembered that it was cold out there and started to dance in place until I swooped him up. We both went inside, and warmed our toes next to the fire.
It was nice to be able to get outside for a moment and get the shoveling done so Jason wouldn't have to do it when he got home. I don't know how often it'll be happening this winter though, we'll have to ask Jake and Cooper about that one.
As for right now they are both asleep so I'm going to go take advantage of the moment and help Santa with some wrapping.

1 comment:

  1. Ah! Wish we had snow, me and Nicole are dying to go sleddng. Always good to hear updates about your family. Tell you boys hello from us, more later...

    ReplyDelete