The other night, I was walking down the stairs to the laundry room and I heard this weird crunchy/snapping noise. I thought it was the stairs in our very old house. But it was the exact same with every stair. So I stopped took a step on with my left foot. Nothing. Took the same step with my right foot. Crunch. What the heck? It was my knee making the noise. I got to the bottom of the stairs and bent down listening for it. Gross. It sounds like there are rice krispies in my knee. I didn't think too much of it though and finished the load of laundry I was doing then headed to bed. The next morning as I went to retrieve said laundry, the same thing. Crunch, crunch, crunch. Then all day everytime I sat down, crunch. It was loud enough that Sariah heard it from the next stall in the bathroom as I sat to take care of business. By the end of the day it started to get really sore. So, of course, I texted my brother and asked him his thoughts on the matter. He's going to school for physical therapy and is very smart on all things related. He told me it's called crepitus. My knee's probably inflamed and to ice it and it should start to feel better. I busted out my zebra ice wrap I'd made for my hips when I hula. I tied it on and went to bed. This morning it's still crunching, but not sore. Guess I'll just keep up the ice routine for a bit and hope it goes away. Meanwhile I'll have to resist the urge to squat down for the sole purpose of hearing it, because it really is one of those gross, but cool things you can't get enough of.

Also yesterday, we had to make another trip to Bed, Bath & Beyond to pick out yet another bedding set. Apparently the other one wasn't really on order because it's backordered even in the warehouse. We wandered around and finally settled on this one. Though we both like the other one more, I think this one will look pretty great with our bed set too. With a few dollars left on the gift card we got a bath mat and a huge bag of Swedish Fish. The

Swedish Fish are in protective custody right now because Jason has no self control. I will be rationing them to him so he can't make himself sick. It's for his own good.

No comments:
Post a Comment