Monday, March 14, 2011

Has Spring Finally Sprung?

I sure hope so! It seems it has if I were to judge by this past weekend alone. It was gorgeous! So, what better way to celebrate than the onset of what some are calling nesting. Yup, tons and tons of anxious energy dedicated to cleaning every square inch of our home. Mind you, Jason helped me give it a good clean/tidy up the other day, and it generally stays clean thank you mild OCD, so this was to the extreme.
First things first, the baby's room. Jason had take down the terrible wallpaper border, so I went in with my clorox water (40 parts clorox, 1 part water), rags and gloves, opened the window and scrubbed it better than it's ever been scrubbed before.
When that came to an end, my energy was turned toward the rest of the house. Before going to bed, still anxious trying to figure out what else I could do, I:
-Washed all lingering laundry.
-Cleaned the bathroom
-Cleaned the kitchen
-Washed our sheets
-Dewrinkled the curtains
-Organized the bedroom and bathroom closets
-Dusted everything
-Sorted/organized our shoes
I'm feeling pretty successful about my Saturday.
Sunday... I made Jason's birthday dinner for him and his family. It was chicken parmesan and it was delicious. His dad made him his favorite dutch oven apple cobbler, also tasty.
Today, Jason taped off the nursery so that we can start to paint, or rather he can start painting. Then for the fun part. We will get the crib and bedding this week! I am excited! It took me forever to narrow the bedding down from the 3 very similar ones I had chosen, but this is what we chose.
I'll be glad to have all this done before Jason has his surgery next Wednesday. He'll be out of comission for a couple months, and unable to do the things that I cannot, like paint and carry/put together the crib. I will say, I'm nervouse about this surgery he's having. It's a five hour surgery with a long recovery. But, four to six months from now, when he's back on it and back to life, I have no doubt that we'll be nothing but happy with it. I know, for me, it'll be great for him to come home from work and not have to be in pain. He's excited for all the fun he'll be able to have with his new partner in crime once he gets here and grows a bit. :)

1 comment: