Monday, March 28, 2011
Update On The Invalid
I am glad to say that after a rough start, and with a little extra medication, I've finally gotten, and kept Jason comfortable successfully through the entire weekend. He and I have figured out a great method with the pain meds and the new muscle relaxer. With the perfect combination of the two, he slept great all weekend, which means I did too! Thank the heavens above! Over the weekend, he had a couple visits from some of his friends. That was fun, it got his mind off his foot for a bit. Sunday was a nice calm day. I managed to get all of the laundry done and cleaned up the house. Oddly enough, this was relaxing for me, and quiet so he could sleep. We made our first attempts at the bathtub, which went better than I had expected. Then, his family came over with dinner and we watched The Last 3 Days. By the time they were gone around 8:30, he was ready for bed and I didn't mind at all. When he's only somewhat doped is when I most enjoy this time with him because he's his old self. Last night we laid in bed talking like we would pre-surgery and haven't done since. He's even found a way to lay on his side with his foot still elevated so we were able to cuddle. It was a big comfort to me. This whole thing, though I know is much worse for him, has been mentally draining, so it was very comforting to have my honey back to normal for just a little bit.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Well I'm glad it's over for you two. Nothin' to it! (kinda)
ReplyDeleteThanks Christy! I'm very happy to have the worst of it over with.
ReplyDelete