Falling back for daylight savings is not nearly as exciting with kids in the house. They do not understand the joy of gaining that extra hour of sleep and tend to stick to their own schedule.
I'm not exactly sure what time Jake woke up Sunday morning. What I do know is that rather than his usual wake up call of coming into our room saying "Mom, Daddy" and crawling onto our bed, he was awful quiet and sneaky. Somehow he came into our room, up Jason's side of the bed to his nightstand, took Cooper's gas drops, and left, closing the door behind him all without waking up me, Jason, or Cooper. He also had been hanging out in the kitchen as evidenced by the milk carton at the bottom of the stairs. Luckily he woke me up by knocking on our door when he had opened the gas drops and had a little taste. I opened the door to him holding them up saying "Yum!". A quick call to poison control confirmed that they were so mild that even drinking the whole bottle would only cause a little diarrhea at the very worst. I'm pretty sure he just tasted the top of the bottle though because it was still quite full.
Yesterday, he was up early enough that we all got to see Jason off to work together around 6 am. That was no big though because Cooper had just woken up to eat, so we were up anyway.
Today, oh today. Today Jake got back to his routine of walking into my room, this time around 6:45 (getting closer to the 7 we're working toward) whispering "mom". I rolled over to find him standing next to my bed, bare butt naked, holding his wet diaper and saying "eeeww".
I don't know if I dare try and even guess what tomorrow morning will bring.
At least he keeps it interesting :) Still counting my lucky start that Maddi isn't tall enough to open doors yet. Not looking forward to that milestone
ReplyDelete