Halloween this year was so much fun with Jake more fully understanding and being downright excited for it. He had watched all of the different fun Halloween specials on Disney Jr. and figured out the trick-or-treat thing and was ready to go. We were originally going to dress him as Sully with Cooper being Mike from Monster's Inc. because he'd been so in love with that movie lately. That changed when we couldn't find any furry Sully costumes for less than $60, and I wasn't going to settle for fleece, they just weren't the same. Then one day I came across toddler sized Detroit Lions jerseys and knew that that would be Jake's costume and Cooper would be a football with an outfit my sister found at Gymboree. Unfortunately, they didn't have any left in Coop's size so he ended up just wearing his cute pumpkin jammies that grandma got him. Jake however looked darn cute in his jersey complete with the black face paint. Jason, of course, was in love with it too. He sported his jersey to take Jake trick-or-treating. I'm not gonna lie, they were they cutest darn pair of football players I've ever seen!
Because I knew I wouldn't quite be up to going out post C-section with the new baby Coop, I had invited everyone over to our house for some white chili (YUM!) and trick-or-treating. Megan came early with Ava and Will to help wrangle the little monsters while I finished up dinner, then we were later joined by Matt, Dee, Julie, Cody, Kelsea, Maddie, Mitch, and Shaylee (Mitch's new girlfriend that we all adore). I went out to a couple houses with everyone while Megan and Julie stayed back with Cooper and to hand out candy. I couldn't completely miss out on Jake trick-or-treating, and I was glad I didn't. After a few houses I headed back to switch with Megan so she could enjoy the fun too. They only trick-or-treated up and down our street, but that as far more than enough treats for them. Jason says Jake really loved it, except for when the older kids would push past them too fast and knock them over, darn kids! They came back and each picked a piece of candy from their buckets, then ran off their excited energy while I made everyone eat more white chili because there was tons.
Jake asked to go to bed that night. That's always a sign of lots of fun having taken place.
 |
| The kiddo's |
 |
Shaylee and Mitch aka
Red Riding Hood and her Lumberjack |
 |
| Ava as Tinkerbell |
 |
Will as Jake from
Jake and the Neverland Pirates |
 |
| Trick-or-Treat! |
 |
| Like father like son |
 |
| Such handsome fellas! |
No comments:
Post a Comment