Monday, July 5, 2010

Happy 4th of July! (belated)

Back to work to day after a most wonderful 3 1/2 day weekend! This weekend was really pretty fun. Friday I went with Jason and his fam to Red Robin, YUM, to celebrate Kelsea's birthday. I saved up on calories all day so I could fully enjoy the experience with minimal guilt. :) It worked out nicely. Sadly though, we were all so full we had to postpone the eating of the most delicious Drumstick Ice cream cake until a later date.
On Thursday out fridge decided to die. Luckily, little miss I have a connection for everything, Karen, called her mom who had a used but still perfectly functional fridge for me and for a nice price that I didn't have to panic about. Saturday we went and picked that up with much help from Matt, Jason, and Megan, Ava and I went along for the ride. Before we went to pick it up, we had to go dump some stuff from Matt's truck. I looked up and saw Jason's butt right in the window and said "Oh,a butt." Ava caught right on and now Jason's name is officially Butt. Love it, especially when she says it with that cute little voice. Hilarious!
We got the fridge in and then I went back to Jason's and we hung out a bit before he went to work. While he was at work, I cleaned the fridge and got everything back where it belonged, then headed up to Grandpa's to celebrate the 4th with the fam. We had some tasty burgers and my first corn on the cob of the season! It was so good! I Love summer food!!
Once it finally got dark, and the wind picked up, of course, we got out the little pack of fireworks Megan had bought for Ava. She hated them. The noise absolutely terrified her, even in the house. Whenever someone would go in the house she would look at them and say "zee okay? hot". She was very concerned for everyone who dared stay outside.
Sunday was church and then FINALLY the delicious cake. It was sooo good and I ate enough that it made me just a little sick. Totally worth it though. MMM HMMM

No comments:

Post a Comment